Friday, May 6, 2011

Retirement Dreams are slowly coming into focus


Retirement and all it has to offer is really starting to come into clear focus
My three sons; I didn’t do it, I don’t know and Not me are out of the house. When they lived here several phenomena of the non-paranormal  kind frequently happened:
All 5 rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom ran out all at once, but only totally ran out on me!?
The paper towel dispenser only housed the empty cardboard tube holder.
The new gallon of window cleaner was used by someone in a week. All the windows were still dirty!
Spots, splashes, furniture moved, dust, dirt, oil spots in the driveway and cars disappearing for seemingly no reason, happened all the time. And no one in this house did it!
Anything in any drawer magically finds its way to another drawer, sometimes even to a cupboard.
Today my only problems that remain are;
The electrical cord for the vacuum is never long enough!
Stuff still finds its way to the wrong place.
The dogs need to go out more often.
The answering machine fills up really fast.
Power outages actually affect ALL the clocks in my house.
I miss Not Me, I Didn’t and I don’t know.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment