Monday, December 13, 2010

Fine French Cooking?

During the last 11 years of my life I've gone from busy mother raising three boys and somehow holding down a full time job to- A completely different woman. You might say yea, three kids raised and out, you might say yea, no more cooking for the entire herd, you might say yea, this calls for new living room furniture. Well that one was yea, but that's it. The other two were bittersweet good byes. What is all this leading to? Cooking!

I made friends over those eleven years. My kids had friends. Those friends also had parents. Who better to talk to about the trials and tribulations of raising mouths to feed? But while many parents continue to cook the way they always did, just in smaller batches, I turned to anything that didn't remind me of chili for a crowd, or stew and bread for 20. To do that I focus on cuisines. Spanish, Mexican, TexMex, Italian, anything. For some reason I keep getting pulled back to French cooking. Really, the only thing that stirs my soul is a couple of bottles of good wine. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment