Thursday, December 2, 2010

Smart Shopping For Two At The Members Club


I went grocery shopping this weekend. Because we only cook for two we buy far less than ever before. I love how those numbers add up. I seriously didn’t like having to go through my cupboards after the kids moved out. That poor pantry suffered the most! Being the dutiful mother of three strapping boys I was stocked up to the ceiling with anything that had a really long shelf life. The reality kicked in when the pile of noodles and rice did not depreciate like it used to! When I had to just move it around to accommodate our new cooking needs, enough was enough. First I wanted to ask myself, “What was I thinking”? Then when you think about it there was no time to think about it!  Children move suddenly and they take their friends with them!
I’ve always been a BIG club shopper, and I still am today. Yes I can shop at the club for two! You’ve got to know your club and how to shop it over time. I fit both requirements. The savings in coffee, meat, cereal, even well made household items can’t be beat anywhere! Yes I could buy paper products and cleaning supplies but I no longer need or can store the volume. All the long shelf life products do not fit anymore. That’s the new requirement I have to think about before entering the place. As long as we’re there we take advantage of the low fuel price.
I’m a numbers person. I have the time to compare prices and track expenses. In the end this pays off big time. You have to be careful that you are actually are saving money by going to the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment