Thursday, March 3, 2011

My back yard

In my "neck of the woods" I hearing the birds! They are making noise. I have Cardinals every year. Cardinals live here their whole lives here. The are born here and die here. The first death in my yard was hard for me to come to grips with, but in the end I was glad that poor defenseless little thing chose our place as it's final oasis from all things bad. Other Cardinals came, one by one, "to pay it's respects". A funeral of sorts.
So any way I've been thinking about my kitchen garden and herbs. Even though I'm tempted to run out and buy starter plants and keep them in my kitchen but why not let the pros be in charge of keeping them flourishing in the best environment they can be in? It's kind of like free labor. But I know what I want. Rosemary, sage and thyme. Maybe some basil. I wish I could grow cinnamon, bay leaf and nutmeg. But then I would also be able to grow coffee and fly to the moon! Oh well. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment