Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Diabetic Smoke House

Diabetes knows no age, financial, racial, or national boundaries. If we aren't diagnosed at a young age it can rear its ugly head as we age. With that one single word our imagination fills with visions of food scales, pink packets at restaurant tables so we can substitute our sugar and pharmacy bills. I am so stubborn about the stigma placed on eating as a diabetic I resent the words “Are you eating correctly?” So my answer to these medical professionals is, it’s not that hard! Those words surprise them. I think I’ll bring a copy of my cookbook with me when I’m going to the doctor.
I went into my new found condition with the attitude of: there are a ton of foods out there I love that fit into healthy eating for diabetics. This inspired my own personal cook book! Diabetic Smoke House. I picked the name because I want everything in it to be fun, easy and healthy to eat. You have to view its construction! It is a blog for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment