Tuesday, February 8, 2011

As seen on TV, jar openning thingy

This morning I decided to tackle the jelly jars. Those little containers of delectable sugar, I mean fruit. Obviously I’ve been thinking about all the other ways I may have in my house to utilize this otherwise useless piece of equipment (used to be junk) sitting in my drawer. It used to be a painstaking adventure of “who’s going to win?” to get these guys to reopen every time we used them. It used to be the family competition around here. What with three boys in the house one of them usually made them submit.
But doing it myself was an ordeal. Who knew the best way to get these little things to open with no effort on anyone’s part (well, maybe TSAs) was to put it in a suit case full of clothing and put it with checked luggage. That welded on cover will release itself as if you are a 10 lb weakling. Behold, on the other end of your trip you have all the jelly you want, if you can scrape it off the clothing. Yes this did happen to me. Do you know how much it costs to do your laundry away from home or have someone do it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment