Thursday, February 17, 2011

I smell spring in the air!

Spring is near. That means fun is soon to be upon us! I know I will not be heating up the kitchen much longer. Yes I’m that fugal. One of the last things I do is make roast turkey. That’s right roast turkey goes on in this house three times a year! Thanksgiving, Christmas and, well, now! I like to buy the biggest turkey no matter how few people I have at the celebration dinners! I can’t think of too many other things to put in sandwiches or on salads.  But now I’m going for the bone in breast. It must be ridiculously large. I don’t waste the meat on the bones. So my recipe for this process is conveniently located in my recipe blog; The Diabetic Smoke House. It’s brined over night and roasted in an aluminum foil (my favorite pan) lined pan. You can add as much or little salt or salt substitute as you want. I know anyone who has a diet restriction knows what they can have and can’t so I never go into the subject.
Now we are set to bring immediately consumable food when we get to the other end of our trip to the summer place!

No comments:

Post a Comment