Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Retire the way YOU want to retire

What you want to do in your retirement years should be totally up to you. After all you and only you will have to live with it, for the rest of your life. Please excuse the redundancy. I am making decisions along with my husband right now. We still have 10 years to go! The financial recommendations are not mine to make. Shortly I will have links I find the best to help guide you on the money objectives. I want to focus on plans for living our golden years happily and within our total control. So with that in mind what are you going to take with you into retirement? Your home? Your hobbies? Some will not completely quit working. Some will have some kind of glorious work as a greeter at the local department store. I for one will remain online forever! You will find my laptop with me even when the inevitable happens, just in case! lol. What will you have to keep you entertained with the sudden influx of empty hours on your hands? I hope this will be where you will find that out. I think serious discussion of the prospects and realities of retirement. Currently I am perusing that goal. Beginning with not being convinced that my happiness and success depends on the happiness and success of the corporate giant! Over the last two years I've been slowly building my own future. The best way I can explain that is after researching the web on my own for far too long I started listening to this one single web site. . It became practically my one stop shop for new ideas. Yes the site is legitimate. Go ahead and read the ongoing blog for a while. Surf through the tools to avoid scams and plenty of other tools for success.  He definitely pointed this doubting Thomas in the right direction after a year of struggling on my own.

Next time I want to share some great ideas from people just like us! Tips for downsizing, what to throw out and what to give away. Even ideas for living better for less after retirement. Its all in attitude, not in cash flow. Add your own ideas. What worked for you? My husband and I have been designing our retirement for the last three years and the best place to do that is talking to and living amongst retired people. With all this information I'm learning I didn't want to keep it a secret! It is possible to live well without spending a lot. Personally, I don't like clipping coupons so please keep that to another website!

No comments:

Post a Comment