Thursday, November 11, 2010

Utilities and banking savings

I’m a numbers person from way back. I keep track of our utility usage. OK, I have spread sheets. Yes, I’m guilty of a lot of number crunching. I keep track of when we’ve done something to maybe conserve energy. I keep track of when we’ve done something that may cost more energy. But, as anyone who knows spread sheet anything there are plenty of variables to affect them. They do work as they point to trends. So anyhow today I am highly recommending looking in every nook and cranny for money saving ideas and keep track of them. I don’t care how much money you have or how comfortable you are you will feel great when you see the amount of extra money you’ll have to spend on yourself. If you have trouble seeing this concept think of it like this; So you save $5.75 one month, that’s a good steak at the butcher!
I’ve also looked at my banking habits. I rarely write checks. I check my balance on line every day. When the new law came for account owners to make the choice of either paying any transaction causing my balance to be negative and charge me for it or, don’t pay it and it’s a done deal. I got sucked into that and much more before! Once is enough! A couple of banks out there who would love to front you some money as long as you have a paycheck that is electronically deposited, but it will cost you.
Hey, I’m not telling you I do it best, I’ve made and am making mistakes. These are just ideas for possible lifestyle changes to get used to BEFORE retirement. Personally, I don’t want to go through sudden change. I’d like to be most of the way there before that maybe inevitable day! Please share what you think!
Meanwhile enjoy this place to make a few extra bucks to possibly help pay those utility bills. It's a site I've been on for quite a while now. I've averaged about a buck a month so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment